Bombshells. Made with Bombshell. Genius.
Makes approx. 100 little puffs
100g plain flour
75g salted butter
3 eggs (at room temperature)
25g finely grated parmesan cheese
a little more parmesan to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan).
2. Sift the flour onto a piece of baking paper (this makes it easier to get into the pan in one go later). Heat the butter and Bombshell in a pan gently until the butter has melted. Bring it to a quick boil, quickly remove from the heat and add the flour in one go, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon until it comes together as a smooth dough. Put the pan back on a low heat and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring gently.
3. Put the dough in a large bowl and leave to cool until it is just warm. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, with an electric whisk, then beat in the grated parmesan and a generous grinding of black pepper.
4. Fill a piping bag with the dough and pipe the dough into small blobs (about 1.5cm in diameter) onto a baking sheet covered with baking parchment, leaving space for them to double in size. Sprinkle the blobs with a little cheese and pop in the oven for 20 minutes, until crisp and golden. You’ll probably have to bake them in batches.
5. Allow to cool enough so you don’t burn your mouth, serve with friends and a pint of Bombshell.
Recipe by Fiona Frost www.bakeachange.org